Residential Adventure Camps
Our Residential Adventure Camps bring a whole new meaning to the word Adventure! Set in Shining Cliff Woods, this dense woodland is the perfect place to host several days of fun and adventurous activities.
This whole experience will certainly be unique. Starting with a 15-minute walk into the heart of the ancient woodland, you get a real feeling of tranquillity and excitement. We believe that the location and standard of facilities play an important role in helping young people feel comfortable and relaxed. With its own crags, streams, lakes and over 100-acres of mature woodland, Shining Cliff has everything on its doorstep. We take advantage of this special environment with many activities based in the woodland itself.
The centre sleeps up to 20 people in 5 comfortable rooms; there is a fully equipped self-catering kitchen, dining area, lounge and three composting toilets and solar powered showers. Staff and participants will be based exclusively at the Shining Cliff Centre and from here our daily activities will be carried out.
- Team games, orienteering and problem solving tasks
- Survival skills and shelter building (Bushcraft)
- Adventurous activities and camp fire preparation
- Mountain Biking day trip
- Abseiling and Rock Climbing
- Day and night walking expeditions
- Low & High Ropes Course
- Raft Building
- River Canoeing
Booking early is essential to save disappointment as only 15 places are available on a first come, first served basis.
Easter (3 days/2 nights) – Wednesday 4th April until Friday 6th April 2018 – Recently Finished
Summer (4 days/3 nights) – Tuesday 31st July until Friday 3rd August 2018
Easter Residential activities will include – Team games, orienteering challenges, problem solving tasks, bushcraft activities including survival challenges, shelter building and camp fire preparation. There will also be a night walk, plus rock scrambling activities and stream walking!
Summer Residential activities will include – Team games, orienteering challenges, problem solving tasks, bushcraft activities including survival challenges, shelter building and camp fire preparation. Again, there will also be a night walk, plus this year we will visit Carsington Water for canoeing and mountain biking!
Easter 3 Day Cost – £155 Summer 4 Day Cost – £225
- Open to boys and girls, from 8 to 16 years of age
- Camp starts at 8.00am on the first day
- Camp finishes at 6.00pm on the last day
- Drop off and pick up is at PAS Unit 5, Rossington Place, Graphite Way, Hadfield, Derbyshire. SK13 1QG
Application forms and other documentation for parents/guardians…
- Click here to view our Easter Participants Application Form
- Click here to view our Easter General Notes for Participants Form
- Click here to view our Recommended Kit List Form for our Residential Adventure Camps
- Click here to view our Summer Participants Application Form
- Click here to view our Summer General Notes for Participants Form
- Click here to view our additional information for Parents and Guardians
For any more information on any of our Adventure Camps or Holiday Camps please contact us.