New Venue for our Residential Adventure Camps… Back Dane in Macclesfield
We are excited to announce that we have a brand new location for our Residential Adventure Camps this year! Following on from several fantastic years at Shinning Cliff in Matlock, our new venue and location is truly out of this world! Again set in it’s own dense woodland, it is the perfect place to host several days of fun and adventurous activities.
This wonderfully presented venue hosts many brilliant facilities and therefore sets us up nicely for our stay. Upon arriving at the venue, following a beautiful countryside drive, you’ll be blown away by its scale and overall feel. Space is in abundance at Back Dane and you very quickly feel at home within it’s stunning surroundings. With it’s truly awesome atmosphere, you get a real feeling of tranquillity and excitement. We believe that this new location and high standard of facilities play an important role in helping young people feel comfortable and relaxed.
Back Dane cottage is situated in the Peak District at the western end of The Roaches. It is approximately half way between Leek and Macclesfield. In recent years the building has undergone a huge renovation programme that takes the building into the 21st century by providing bunk accommodation for up to 23 people in 5 comfortable bedrooms.
The cottage also contains a sitting room, dining room, fully fitted kitchen, a large, bright activity room, a boot room and laundry downstairs as well as 2 shower rooms and 4 toilets. It is set in beautiful open land that leads down to the River Dane. PAS Staff and participants will be based exclusively at Back Dane and from here our daily activities will be carried out. For further information about Bank Dane, click on the link – www.backdane.co.uk
- Team games, orienteering and problem solving tasks
- Survival skills and shelter building (Bushcraft)
- Adventurous activities and camp fire preparation
- Mountain Biking day trip
- Abseiling and Rock Climbing
- Day and night walking expeditions
- Low & High Ropes Course
- Raft Building
Booking early is essential to save disappointment as only 15 places are available on a first come, first served basis.
Easter (3 days/2 nights) – Tuesday 16th April until Thursday 18th April 2019 – Finished
Summer (4 days/3 nights) – Tuesday 30th July until Friday 2nd August 2019
Easter Residential activities will include – Team games, orienteering challenges, problem solving tasks, bushcraft activities including survival challenges, shelter building and camp fire preparation. There will also be a night walk, plus rock scrambling activities and stream walking!
Summer Residential activities will include – Team games, orienteering challenges, problem solving tasks, bushcraft activities including survival challenges, shelter building and camp fire preparation. Again, there will also be a night walk, plus canoeing and mountain biking!
Early Bird Offers!
Easter 3 Day Cost – £155 or £170 after 2nd April – Finished
Summer 4 Day Cost – £225 or £245 after 16th July
- Open to boys and girls, from 8 to 16 years of age
- Camp starts at 8.00am on the first day
- Camp finishes at 6.00pm on the last day
- Drop off and pick up is at PAS Unit 5, Rossington Place, Graphite Way, Hadfield, Derbyshire. SK13 1QG
Application forms and other documentation for parents/guardians…
- Click here to view our Easter Participants Application Form
- Click here to view our Easter General Notes for Participants Form
- Click here to view our Recommended Kit List Form for our Residential Adventure Camps
- Click here to view our Summer Participants Application Form
- Click here to view our Summer General Notes for Participants Form
- Click here to view our additional information for Parents and Guardians
For any more information on any of our Adventure Camps or Holiday Camps please contact us.